Optical networks today generate vast amounts of telemetry data because of new cost-effective measurement points across optical networks. Optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDRs) have reduced in cost and proliferated while telemetry data can be generated from coherent chipsets and line systems.
Communication service providers (CSPs) can now take advantage of this new firehose of real-time data via analytics, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) techniques to speed up, automate, and reduce costs across network operations.
Watch this webinar as we explore the increasing demands on the optical core and the very real benefits of using analytics, AI, and ML. Multiple use cases that leverage advanced optical layer telemetry will be discussed including assurance of optical service/connection integrity, fault localization and prediction/preemption and resource optimization. Attendees will gain valuable insights through industry use cases and understand the market shift.
Who Should Attend
CTO, CIO, strategy leads of optical networks, heads of emerging technologies, network architects, network operations, installation and test contractors, sales, and business development leads. Financial analysts and the media are also encouraged to attend.
Everyone who registers for this webinar will receive a special report by Practice Leader Ian Redpath. A download link will be sent to you and the report will also be available to download from the live webinar console.
Key Topics for Discussion
- The ability of CSPs to maximize network efficiencies with unprecedented photonic network visibility
- Key components and how to build an automation process architecture
- How to bust data silos and build a data strategy across the entire organization
- Key analytics use cases highlighting actionable intelligence leveraging vast amounts of network data
- Next steps – including how the optical layer will interact with other network layers
- Stronger appreciation of the criticality of optical performance evaluation and prediction
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
- Ian Redpath, Practice Leader, Transport Networks and Components, Omdia
- Paulina Gomez, Advisor, Product & Technology Marketing, Ciena
- Joe Krystofik, Product Planner, Network Automation, Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc.
- Christopher Janz, Ph.D., Director, Optical Systems Competency Centre, Huawei Technologies
- Allen Tatara, Senior Manager, Webinar Events, Omdia (Moderator)