Hi, I’m Carol Brayton, and I’m a Fujitsu Services Product Manager. Let’s have an open dialogue about creating a great, stress-free work-from-home experience with cost savings.
How does saving $11,000 sound to you? Definitely nice, am I right? This is the amount an employer can save every year for every employee who works at home full-time. But employers aren’t the only beneficiaries of working remote. At-home workers can save between $2,500 and $4,000 annually. We know working from home isn’t for everyone or for every job, but for millions of employees and thousands of businesses, it has become a viable option. However, it requires clients, vendors and employees at all levels to have an uninterrupted, positive experience.
The problem is remote connections are choppy and unsecure at times. You may be worried about security. Threats and scams are more and more sophisticated. You may be concerned about voice and video quality, the amount of capacity and availability. You might need to verify user access, user identity and devices, especially if employees are using SaaS applications residing in cloud infrastructures.
What this comes down to is that you need a rock-solid infrastructure to support your remote workforce.
But doing it yourself and getting it right and keeping it going can be expensive, risky and daunting. There are options. Let someone else take on the expense, the technical challenges and the risk. And if you think that’s the right idea, then an experienced, qualified managed service provider can be a valuable partner.
Here’s a checklist on what they should be bringing to the table.
- A comprehensive, customizable infrastructure – packaged as a service
- Powerful SD-WAN and SASE technology with expertise in deployment, service delivery and lifecycle support
- Supporting networks from tens to thousands of homes and compatible with any type of connection – wireless or wired
- A partner who will stick around until you’re happy with your managed service
- Once you’re up and running, you’ll need world-class, 24/7 support from a Network Operations Center.
- Software that’s kept up to date with any needed patches or upgrades installed
- A web portal to provide access to a custom dashboard with comprehensive reporting and up-to-the-minute performance information
- Installation assistance or kits for your work-from-home employees, so they have everything they need to get connected to their workplace
We’ve only scratched the surface and there’s much more to talk about. We’d love to keep this conversation going. You see, with over 30 years in the services market, Fujitsu has a long and successful track record building, managing and supporting multi-vendor networks with best-in-class technology. If you have questions, our experts have answers. So let’s connect and continue the open dialogue.